We welcome school groups of all ages to the Museum plus Scout and Brownie groups and Home Education groups.
For further information about our schools programme, please contact Polly Andrews on email@example.com or 01225 333895.
Click here for more information: Amazing Astronomy – Herschel Museum workshop
– Learn about William and Caroline Herschel’s remarkable discoveries by using a trail to explore their house.
– Watch a film, Constructing the Heavens (narrated by Sir Patrick Moore).
– Hear a talk about the wonders of the solar system, including how and why orreries (mechanical models of the planets) were used.
– Also visit the world-famous No.1 Royal Crescent (10 minute walk) and enjoy a hands-on orrery-making workshop in the Servants’ Hall Learning Centre.
Supports the Key Stage 2 Science curriculum, this workshop lasts three hours and is available on weekday mornings. (£5 per student, adults free.) Packed lunches can be eaten in the Learning Centre by arrangement.
– Find out about William and Caroline Herschel’s fascinating discoveries through costume, role-play, and interactive learning.
– Experience a guided tour of the Museum by the Education Officer.
– Create a space rocket collage to take back to school.
Supports the Early Years and Key Stage 1 Science curriculum. This workshop lasts two hours and is available on weekday mornings. (£4 per student, adults free.)
Designed by Ice House Design